This section mailny lists my involvement to conferences from 2009 and on as member of the TPC (mainly). Other activities such as reviewing papers for journals, invitations for presentations, etc. are omitted. Some older stuff can be found here.
- 12th International Conference on Security and Cryptography (SECRYPT 2015) 20-22 July 2015, Colmar, France.
- 7th IFIP International Conference on New Technologies, Mobility and Security (NTMS 2015) – Security Track, 26-29 July, 2015, Paris, France.
- 8th International Conference on Emerging Security Information, Systems and Technologies (SECUREWARE 2014) November 16 – 20, 2014 – Lisbon, Portugal.
- 11th International Conference on Security and Cryptography (SECRYPT 2014) Vienna, Austria on 28-30 August 2014.
- 3rd ASE International Conference on Cyber Security Stanford, CA, USA, May 27 – May 31, 2014.
- 6th IFIP International Conference on New Technologies, Mobility and Security (NTMS 2014) – Security Track March 30th to April 2nd, Dubai, UAE.
- 10th International Conference on Security and Cryptography (SECRYPT 2013), 29-31 July 2013, Reykjavik, Iceland.
- IEEE International Conference on Privacy and Security in Mobile Systems (IEEE PRISMS 2013), 24-27 June 2013, Atlantic City, NJ, USA.
- Technical Program Committee member for 1st IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (CNS 2013), October 14-16, 2013, Washington DC, USA.
- 32nd Annual International Conference on the Theory and Applications of Cryptographic Techniques (Eurocrypt 2013), Athens, Greece, May 26-30, 2013.
- GLOBECOM 2013 – Communication and Information System Security Symposium (GC-CISS '13), December 9-3, 2013 – Atlanta, USA.
- 9th IEEE International Workshop on Sensor Networks and Systems for Pervasive Computing (PerSeNS 2013) co-located with IEEE PerCom 2013, March 18-23, 2012 – San Diego, California.
- International Conference on Information Security and Cryptology (Inscrypt'2012), Nov. 28 – Dec. 1, 2012, Beijing, China.
- Annual Privacy Forum 2012 (APF'2012), October 10-11, 2012, Limassol, Cyprus.
- International Conference on Security and Cryptography (SECRYPT 2012), July 24-27, 2012, Rome, Italy.
- 5th ACM Conference on Security and Privacy in Wireless and Mobile Networks (WiSec '12), April 16-18, 2012, Tucson, Arizona, USA.
- 4th International ICST Conference on Security and Privacy in Mobile Information and Communication Systems (MOBISEC '12), June 25, 2012, Frankfurt am Main, Germany .
- Program committee member for 8th IEEE International Workshop on Sensor Networks and Systems for Pervasive Computing (PerSeNS 2012) in conjunction with IEEE PerCom 2012, March 19-23, 2012 – Lugano, Switzerland.
- Program committee member for 5th IFIP International Conference on New Technologies, Mobility and Security (NTMS 2012), May 7-10, 2012, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Program committee member for SecureComm 2011 (7th International Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication Networks), September 7-9, London.
- Program committee member for 6th Mediterranean Conference on Information Systems (MCIS 2011), Track on Mobile, Pervasive and Ubiquitous IS Cyprus – September 3-5, 2011.
- Workshop chair for 3rd Workshop on Privacy and Security in Pervasive Environments (PSPAE 2011) May 25-27, 2011, Crete, Greece.
- Program committee member for 7th International Symposium on Algorithms for Sensor Systems, Wireless Ad Hoc Networks and Autonomous Mobile Entities (AlgoSensors 2011) September 8-9, 2011, Saarbruecken, Germany.
- Program committee member for 4th IFIP International Conference on New Technologies, Mobility and Security (NTMS 2011) to be held in in Paris, France on February 7-10, 2011.
- Program committee member for 7th Workshop on RFID Security (RFIDSec'10 Asia) to be held in Wuxi, China on 6th-8th April 2011.
- Program committee member for 7th IEEE International Workshop on Sensor Networks and Systems for Pervasive Computing (PerSeNS 2011) in conjunction with IEEE PerCom 2011, March 21-25, 2011, Seattle, USA.
- Program committee member for CCNC 2011 – Security and Content Protection track (8th Annual IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference), January 8-11, 2011, Las Vegas, USA.
- Program committee member for SecureComm 2010 (6th International Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication Networks), September 7-10, Singapore.
- Program committee member for SUTC 2010 (IEEE International Conference on Sensor Networks, Ubiquitous, and Trustworthy Computing), June 7-9, 2010. Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, Newport Beach, California, USA .
- Program committee member for WISTP 2010 (Workshop in Information Security Theory and Practice), April 12-14, Passau, Germany. Check it out at http://www.wistp.org/wistp-2010/
- Program committee member for the 6th IEEE International Workshop on Sensor Networks and Systems for Pervasive Computing (PerSeNS 2010) in conjunction with IEEE PerCom 2010, March 29-April 2, 2010, Mannheim, Germany.
- Program committee member for the 6th Workshop on RFID Security (RFIDSec'10) to be held in Singapore on 22nd-23rd February 2010.
- TPC chair for SecureComm 2009. Visit www.securecomm.org for the CFP.
- Program committee member for WISTP 2009 (Workshop in Information Security Theory and Practice). Check it out at http://www.wistp.org
- Program committee member for Mobisec 2009. Visit www.mobisec.org to find more.
I'm also involved in the following European projects. More information about these and other national projects can be found here.
- Principal investigator for the European Project SafeCity (Duration 2 years, ends April 2013, Funding 320K Euros).
- Principal investigator for the European Project Lotus (Duration 3 years, ends December 2011, Funding 284K Euros).
I'm also the regular organizer of PRACSE. More information about this event can be found here.
[Added Sep 2008] The following section is EXTREMELY OUTDATED and apologize for this… My current activities involve consulting, reviewing papers and articles, serving as committee member in various conferences and fora, organizing workshops and delivering invited presentations for issues related to security, participating in national and European projects again with emphasis in security, and so on…
HONORS – AWARDS (mostly related to my PhD years and before!)
- 1991 – Today: FULBRIGHT Fellow.
- 1996 – Today: Invited talks to various universities (Berkeley, Athens, Patras) and conferences (12th WWW Conference-Budapest, 5th InfoCom-Athens, etc.)
- 1998: Invitation for submission to SIAM Journal of Computing dedicated to best SODA papers.
- 1992 – 1996: Teaching/Research Assistantships, UC. San Diego.
- 1993: Teaching Assistant Excellence award.
- 1991 – 1992: Wooley Graduate Fellowship, UC. San Diego.
- 1989, 1990: Awarded by the Greek National Institute of Scholarships with the "Best Student of the Academic year" award. Department of Computer Science, University of Patras, Greece.
- 1989: Summer Scholarship in Belgium through IAESTE.
- 2002 – 2008
Research in Heuristics and Analysis of Algorithms for difficult to solve problems. Algorithms for the secure and efficient propagation of information in Smart Dust Systems.
- 2002 – 2008
Research in Algorithmic Game Theory.
Participation in the program FLAGS (Foundational Aspects of Global Computing Systems). Other partners in this program: Computer Technology Institute (Greece), Computer Science Department – University of Athens, University of Cyprus, University of Paderborn, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya.
- 2001 – 2002
Visiting professor, Department of Computer Science, Technical University of Crete, Chania.
Research in Probabilistic and Approximation Algorithms. Computer Technology Institute, Patras, Greece.
Research in Probabilistic and Approximation Algorithms. This research was supported by the NSF program of basic research. University of California, San Diego.
Chairing/reviewing/invited talks – more old stuff
- Session chair for the International Workshop "The vision of Ambient Intelligence Computing (aMIComp)" organized under the auspices of the European Association on Theoretical Computer Science (EATCS)
- Invitation to give a talk to the Security track of the prestigious 12th International World Wide Web Conference. 20-24 May 2003, Budapest, Hungary
- Invited talk to the scientific track of 5th Info-Com, Sponsored by IEEE, Athens, Greece
- Invitation to give a presentation related to Security, COMDEX 2004. AIT was represented in a security event which also had participants from CISCO, IBM, etc.
- AIT-MICROSOFT Security conference, 2004
- Have helped in the organization of SecureComm 2005, an international IEEE security conference that took place in Athens, in October 2005.
- Have been invited to participate in a panel of Experts related to RFID security in the IEEE SecureComm conference.
- Presentations at European Security Conference on setting up Europe's agenda with respect to security (PASR 2004 and PASR 2006). Only a few selected presentations were accepted.
- AIT-Intracom Security conference Have presented the topic "Managing the security function: a guided tour" in a conference related to IT security
- Invited to talk at the Univ. of Pireaus Presentation with title "Issues in Sensor Network Security"
- Program committee member of 2nd International Workshop on Algorithmic Aspects of Wireless Sensor Networks (AlgoSensors), 2006
- Reviewer for the International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems (DCOSS 2006)
- Reviewer for ACM transactions on Sensor Networks